SAP for Maintenance Planners
Many planners came up through the ranks with little training. If they were trained, they learned the basics, but not how SAP relates to their job as a Planner, or their screen configurations. This training is specifically designed for the Planner that uses SAP daily. We will review each aspect of the SAP “must know” planning functions.
This training can also be very helpful for Managers that have Planners reporting to them, so they better understand what Planners should know regarding SAP, to help the Planners generate better quality planned work packages.
Additionally, there are Supervisors, Leads, etc., that unfortunately, are tasked with Planning as well. While this is not optimal, this is a great opportunity to assist them in becoming more efficient by ensuring their SAP skills are enhanced.
Upcoming Public Training Dates
About this Seminar
Do any of these common issues look familiar?
- 5Getting poor quality notifications
- 5Not knowing how to plan what is included in the operations list
- 5Lack of prework hides chronic failures and prevents proper Root Cause Failure analysis
- 5Lack of Task Lists costs both time and effort due to repeated planning of jobs. This negates the continuous improvement process. Plans can’t be adjusted for timing, wrong materials, special tools, or support equipment being omitted
- 5Lack of understanding of Operation Relationships affects the scheduling process and leads to lost wrench time and poor utilization of resources
- 5Lack of quality setup of Material Masters causes problems with material procurement and proper material identification
- 5Lack of proper prioritization of work
- 5Not capturing order types prevents creation of KPI and reporting options
- 5Lack of prework causes higher costs by not utilizing warranty work, and work done may cancel or void warranty
- 5Poor Bill of Materials makes ordering materials more difficult and dramatically increases the time it takes to plan a job. It also makes the final plan less reliable. Bill of Materials is not properly reviewed and maintained as part of the continuous improvement process.
- 5Functional Location Object Information Screen is not utilized properly causing extra work
This seminar is ideal for…
- 5Planners using SAP
- 5Maintenance Team Leads or Supervisors that manage Planners
- 5Maintenance Team Leads or Supervisors that have to plan work
- Welcome & Orientation
- Notification Quality
- Work Order Creation
- Planning Pre-Work
- Conducting the Job Site Visit and Developing the Draft Plan
- Activity: Create a Draft Plan
- Planning In SAP
- Activity: Create a SAP Work Order Plan
- What we Learned
- Task Lists
- Work Order Release
- Shop Papers
- Bill of Materials
- Maintenance Plans, Items, and Tasks Lists
- Continuous Improvement
Benefits of our World Class Training
Our expert facilitators are seasoned practitioners, bringing on average 20 years of industry experience. With over 40 years of training under our belt Marshall Institute has the depth of resources and expertise necessary for success. Whether it’s in-person or online, our expert facilitators will deliver the same high quality training at every seminar.
$150 Team Discount
The more participants you register, the more you save. For two or more registrations (same topic or different topics), paid for at the same time, you will receive $150 discount per registration.
200% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not 100% sure about online training, we’ll give you peace of mind. If you are not completely satisfied with the Marshall Institute public seminar you attend, we will refund your payment, PLUS offer you another seminar (online or physical) up to the value of the original program, free of charge!